5 Fandom Friday!
Welcome to the first 5 Fandom Friday!
Sponsored by (sort of) the girls of Gone Catawampus!
(In other words, they nicked it from one site and I nicked it from them.)
I'm sure I won't be doing this every week, but maybe when GC pulls a topic I like, I'll follow along.
This week, I'm coloring outside the lines and going with "Five Favorite Things from The Bible/Son of God".
(Yes, I know you know what number one is! But there are four others. Plus, I actually have something new to say about number one. 😀 )
5. The centurion's household gets excited when Peter comes a-baptizin'. (I remembered this as a scene featuring Jesus, but since it's been almost a year since I saw the miniseries, I could be wrong.)
Now I don't mean everyone started jumping for joy when the future saint stopped by…I mean the number one thing I remember about this scene is everyone bowing down at Peter's feet (so you see why I might have thought it was Jesus in the prime role).
Modern celebrities don't even get that kind of treatment! (Although I'm sure there's more than a few blowhards out there who'd like to!)
4. Sampson (Nonso Anozie): I don't think I'd want to run into Nonso in a dark alley.
Or a well-lit, fully-populated street, for that matter!
Okay, okay…he's probably a big ole teddy bear, like Michael Clarke Duncan was. (*tear for MCD*)
But seriously, he was kickass as Sampson and I noticed he almost did the voice of Iorek Byrneson in The Golden Compass. (Nice, right?) He's also been in several more movies that I've heard of, but never seen. Very cool.
Almost forgot…I discovered that there's a King Tut movie/miniseries coming out and Nonso is playing General Horemheb! Love ancient Egypt, so I'm delighted to hear about this.
3. Maggie (Amber Revah): I think I've ranted about how much I loved Mark and Roma's depiction of Mary Magdalene, but in case you missed it…
* Considered as one of the disciples for the entire movie!
* Not depicted as a whore
* Not left out or looked down upon because of her gender
* Some other things I've probably forgotten about
…aaand Amber is my mega girl crush, right up there with Stana Katic. In fact, it was really hard not to make her number two (especially considering silver is my favorite color), but…
2. Angels in armor: Okay, so this has been done by Dogma, if I remember correctly, so I shouldn't consider it to be something special.
But something about these guys seemed way better…maybe because they were really meant to be take-no-prisoners messengers of the Christian god, not because they were a satirical look at angels and Christianity in general.
(By the way…I'll never forget the tequila-spitting scene in Dogma. Alan Rickman is just fantastic, nu?)
1. I can do bad all by myself! I swear to Goddess, this man can glare holes in the wall without really trying.
I have fifty-two photos of this man and I count at least forty of them with resting bitch face. Not that that's a bad thing, of course…I absolutely adore this man, resting bitch face and all. But…(*giggle*)
I promised something new(ish) if I used Greg as my number one choice, so here it is:
In case you missed it, there's going to be a miniseries or movie made of Killing Jesus.
And Pontius Pilatus?
If you can't imagine him glaring holes through the wall like my Grey-Eyed Monster…well, you're not trying hard enough.
I've never seen True Blood (read the books, though), but I saw Sound of Music in 2013, so that's how I'm certain he's right for the role.
Hell, I was excited to hear he got the role! That's how confident I am!
It's time to roll my own resting bitch face out of here…fifteen minutes 'til King of the Nerds!
(For any friends reading this, yes, I do have RBF when I'm not "on". I don't know how many times I've been asked why I'm scowling. In fact, I can't even look in the mirror when I'm getting my hair done, because I've habitually scowled my entire life!)